Back by popular demand for 2020 with expanded charts!
The VNC chart book is jointly developed by AOPA and Aeropath. This book contains Visual Navigation Charts (VNCs) for the whole of mainland New Zealand and was designed to enable easier access to charts in cockpits.
Charts within this book are effective on the 5th November 2020.
- A4 ring bound format for easy use in the cockpit
- National FISCOM reference page
- 1:500,000 scale visual navigation charts covering all of mainland New Zealand
- Additional 1:250,000 scale visual navigation charts covering the following locations:
- Auckland North (New for 2020)
- Auckland South (New for 2020)
- Taupo North (New for 2020)
- Taupo South (New for 2020)
- New Plymouth
- Whanganui (New for 2020)
- Palmerston North
- Ashburton (New for 2020)
- Timaru (New for 2020)
- Wanaka (New for 2020)
A note on chart information:
- 1:500,000 scale charts are most suited for mid-level cross-country navigation and do not contain complete information below 9,500 ft, or upper airspace information above 9,500 ft.
- 1:250,000 scale charts are most suited to low level and local navigation. They contain all information below 9,500 ft, but do not contain complete upper airspace information above 9,500ft.
To review the specific differences between what information is shown on each chart scale, see the following link: